Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Effects Fiasco Roundup

I must say, this has been a very fun and interesting weekend for After Effects. Not everything has gone to plan, but I think I produced some decent demos. I really wanted to see how far I can take myself in this program. Even though I used tutorials for some of my experiment, it was still a challenge to pull everything off. There were even some projects I started that did not work out at all. I made three experiments in all and I will to sum up my process the best that I can.

For my cavern project, everrything came together at random intervals. I took the photo of a glossy blue surface and set the spherize effect to it. I set the key frames of the spherize to and animated it pulsating. I then took the photo into Photoshop and adjusted the colors via curves to give it a fleshy tone. Last, I focused on having a wet lens effect. I used cc Mr. Mercury and adjusted the levels of the longevity, gravity, velocity, ect.

For my water, I had to create a texture. I took a solid and added a fractal noise effect, adjusting the spline to make it more unified and softer. I added colorama, to change the grey to a cooler color. I then added a ramp to give it varying degrees of light. Last, for the texture I added a cc starburst. I then made another comp. I made another fractal noise solid, but this time I made the fractal type swirl to give it a wavy look. By setting the evolution, I was able to give it motion akin to waves. By taking these textured comp and nesting it into another, I lastly added an adjustment layer. On the layer I added a turbulent displace. By keying the offset, it made the waves look as if they were flowing in a specific direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment