Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Typography Update

The original idea that I had for the typography project turned out to be pretty impossible given my skill limitation and the fact that what I had envisioned required completely different software. My new idea deals with my characters of Fontland. I am still trying to decide where the story goes beyond the introduction of the hero of the piece and his love. The are so many places I want to take the characters. One scenario is of the hero's girlfriend being stolen away by the fontmonster, a despicable character that spews out fiery breaths of hated fonts. So far, my approach is simple and I am liking the results as I progress. What I am trying to primarily accomplish is to give personality to extremely simplistic characters since I usually go about creating complex pieces. Hopefully I get this done with great success.

No comments:

Post a Comment