Thursday, November 4, 2010

Final Project Ideas

For my final project, I plan to expand upon my orb idea. I had so much fun doing that experiment, and it opened me up to many possibilities with it. After sifting through my thoughts, I just decided to pursue the one that I always seems to keep coming back to. I want to create a short musical piece that will affect the objects in my composition. I want the piece to travel the 3d space and to have rhythmic lighting. The viewer will experience the harmony of an indeterminate number of orbs reacting and playing off of each other. I will create the music myself, and I plan on it carrying an atmospheric tone. The piece should not be very long.

The basic idea for the piece is infinity. I was stuck on this idea proposed by many discovery science program about how there may be multiple universes, or how there is a bit of the universe in each living thing. The orbs in the piece will contain a galaxy of its own. The spheres will start off kind of big at the beginning of the piece, giving the illusion that they are masters of these little universes. As the piece ends, the viewer will zoom out to reveal the there are infinite amount of spheres that in turn make up a universe.


Here is one example to visually explain what I want to do. At the end of Men in Black, it is revealed that the entire story takes place within a little marble.



And these are example of audio animation and how I want to animate this project.






No comments:

Post a Comment