Monday, September 6, 2010

Project 2 Write up

Starting this project, I had an idea that would involve the viewer as an individual witnessing the birth of land and eventually traveling through it. Each object in the piece was to have a different texture to give it a multimedia aesthetic. Given that the animation takes place at sea, I was immediately met with an unforseen challenge. In order for my original idea to work I would have to move everything along the z axis. Also, to convincingly have material move through water was beginning to become daunting.
At any rate, I just tweaked my idea a bit. Going back to the drawing board for minor adjustments, I decided to have the viewer witness an eruption. This proved to be much easier and maybe even better than what I had original planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment