Thursday, September 23, 2010

Midterm Project

For my midterm, I decided to tell a story that revolves around my prevailing interests in the class so far. Most of my research dealt with much of sci-fi and mythological lore. I have always been a huge fan of both genres of fantasy and aim to create a story that involves and/or is inspired by classical mythology and science fiction films. The story revolves around the hero who is loosely based off of Hermes. Hermes was known as the fleet-footed and mischievous god of Greek mythology. Mostly seen as a messenger, Hermes was given the ability to travel places freely that would be otherwise problematic or fatal to anyone else. The main character is seen in the middle of an invasion. As the invading fleet makes its way through the city, the hero takes it upon himself to protect his people by attempting to defeat them using deceit.
For the look of my animation, I want it to have an art deco feel. Much of the sci-fi elements are going to be reminiscent of old 30's and 40's science fiction movies. The story itself should not be no more than 3 minutes as the story would already taking place near the climax. Also, I think that most of what I am trying to achieve will be done majorly on the 2d place as done in my exercised throughout the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment